Thursday, March 13, 2014

We Love St. Patrick's Day

At the St. Pat's Parade on the day of our wedding!
Our wedding anniversary is St. Patrick's Day. We haven't been particularly big fans of the day, but when we were choosing a date to get married, It was on a Saturday, and one of our first dates was to the St. Louis St. Patrick's Day parade. It sounded like a fun day to get married, so that's what we did! When I decided to start a blog about us, I wanted a name that fit us, and would work for any situation. I didn't want it to be just about our adoption journey, so that's how I came up with the name We Love St. Patrick's Day!
I am glad I chose that name for several reasons. I didn't realize at the time that there are all kinds of haters out there including people that hate adoption for different personal reasons. These people will seek out adoption blogs for the purpose of harassing the author. Our blog is more difficult to find because of the name. One unexpected, but very welcome outcome of the name we chose has been how St. Patrick's Day and the color green have become our "thing". I love it when someone tells me about a really cute St. Patrick's day thing they saw and thought of me when they did. Also, people have given us St. Patrick's Day themed gifts. Which is incredibly thoughtful, and we absolutely love!

Clover earrings from hubby
Chevron clover from sis-in-law, it looks great in the baby's room!
sweater crocheted by our very talented friend with a clover button
Clover bandanas for the whole family from my good friend that wears them a lot! Very sweet and thoughtful!
        
clover dress from mom-in-law
adorable St. Pat's onesie!
  



A running headband from my running friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment